Your needs are straightforward: capacity, stability and speed. So is our response. You don’t have time to waste. At LIU, our underwriters have the experience and local authority to deliver well-considered decisions fast.
Our products and capacity
We have a broad appetite for business across all our casualty products, and our underwriters can work with you to customize coverage for your customer’s specialized risks.
- Lead Umbrella: $25 million
- Excess Liability: $50 million
Excess casualty risks extend out over the long term. You need an insurer with staying power to match. LIU is a division of the Liberty Mutual Insurance, in business continuously since 1912.
Liberty International Underwriters is the marketing name for the broker-distributed specialty lines business operations of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Certain coverage may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy issued for complete details of coverage and exclusions.
- Rated A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company
- Rated A (Strong) by Standard and Poor’s
- Reported $38.5 billion of consolidated revenue in 2013
- Employs over 50,000 people worldwide
- 76th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S.