Liability claims are an unfortunate but very real part of doing business. And they’re costly. First, there is the actual dollar cost to claims expenses. Second, principals spend hours defending a claim, leaving less time to service their clients. Third, and most serious, is the potential damage inflicted by a liability claim on a client relationship and the firm’s reputation.
With LIU’s Professional Liability insurance programs and services, you provide your clients with the insurance protection they need, leaving them free to concentrate on their clients.
LIU Team 360 ™
Our team service approach, LIU Team 360, starts when you contact LIU. Our in-house teams of underwriters and claims professionals examine your client’s business from all angles. Our team’s review gives us the information we need to recommend the appropriate insurance product, coverage and claims service that best fits your client’s needs.
A Team of Experienced Professional Liability Specialists
We dedicate a team of Professional Liability underwriters and claims professionals to specific product lines, which means:
Other distinct advantages include:
- Direct contact with an experienced underwriting professional who has the seniority and authority to make quick, well-informed decisions.
- Specialized industry knowledge, which lets us design coverage that best supports your client’s needs.
- A unique combination of underwriting skill and business experience, which helps us quickly recognize the attributes of a particular risk.
- Claims professionals – most of whom are attorneys or experts on their subject matter -- 100 percent dedicated to professional liability claims.
- Ready access to outside resources – lawyers, industry experts and other technical specialists– who can work to protect the insured’s reputation and assets.
Our suite of professional liability products includes:
- Risk Management Services -- information and materials specifically designed to help firms minimize loss and prevent claims -- a powerful way to take an active role in minimizing their costs.
- Worldwide Resources –access to a worldwide network of experienced professional liability experts.
- Strength and Stability – the financial stability of Liberty Mutual Insurance, which lets us, offer the breadth and depth of coverage’s for a wide range of businesses.
Liberty International Underwriters is the marketing name for the broker-distributed specialty lines business operations of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Certain coverage may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy issued for complete details of coverage and exclusions.
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability for more than 60 classes of business
- Architects & Engineers
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Staffing Services Professional and General Liability
- Real Estate Appraisers