Designed specifically for the legal industry, LIU’s comprehensive Lawyers Professional Liability program includes specially tailored professional liability insurance as well as a unique risk services component.
Our Specialized Coverage for Lawyers
We offer law firms a wide range of benefits, including:
· Our unique LIU Team 360 approach to service
· Experienced professionals dedicated to lawyers professional liability
· Primary and excess coverage
· Substantial capacity, up to $10 million
· The financial security of Liberty Mutual Group
· Unique, cost-saving risk management services
Risk Management Hotline Service – lets your clients hold confidential consultations with experienced attorneys on risk management or professional liability issues.
Risk Management Web Site – on-line risk management information and the benefit of emailing questions that are answered by professional liability lawyers
LIU Lawyers Program Features
We consider a broad range of areas of practice. Our programs focus on primary insurance for small to medium-sized law firms, with an open brokerage minimum premium of $25,000 and a minimum deductible of $25,000.
Primary policies can vary among states but generally include the following:
· Broad definition of professional services
· Multiple extended reporting period (tail) options
· Personal injury coverage
· Innocent insured coverage
· Worldwide coverage
· Reduced deductible for arbitrated or mediated claims
· Coverage for defense of disciplinary proceedings
· Generous loss of earnings coverage for appearing at trials and hearings
· Automatic coverage for “of counsels,” independent contractors and per diem lawyers
· Awareness provision
Liberty International Underwriters is the marketing name for the broker-distributed specialty lines business operations of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Certain coverage may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds. This literature is a summary only and does not include all terms, conditions, or exclusions of the coverage described. Please refer to the actual policy issued for complete details of coverage and exclusions.